There is nothing woman love more than a fresh set of flowers in her home. It smells good, it looks beautiful, and it is one the prettiest details in her home. Everyone loves flowers, and we all want them to last as long as they can. So we decided to share a few little tips that might be useful when you stop on buy and pick up your wife some flowers.
- Add 1 quart warm water to a clean vase.
- Pour 2 Tbsp sugar into the water. The sugar will help nourish the flowers and promote opening of the blooms.
- Add 2 Tbsp white vinegar and stir well. The vinegar helps inhibit the growth of bacteria and keeps your flowers fresher longer. If you don’t have vinegar and/or sugar, lemon-lime soda mixed with the water will do the same thing.
- Remove all lower leaves from flowers so there won’t be any in the water.
- Cut 1 to 2 inches off the stems at an angle while they are under water.
- Display your bouquet in a cool, draft-free area. Avoid direct sunlight, which causes the flowers to die more quickly.
- Change the water every other day and re-cut the stems each time.
Doing these little things can really help your flowers last and stay beautiful. So now that you have learned some tips, come in and pick up some flowers and see how long your flowers will last!